Samuel Dixon School
Samuel Dixon Elementary was a public school Detroit that closed and was abandoned in 2010, notable for its Art Deco and modern styling.
Cass Technical High School
Cass Technical High School is one of the most prestigious schools in Detroit. In 2005 the program moved out of their 85 year old building into a new one.
Highland Park High School
Highland Park High School and Junior College was the largest school in Highland Park, a suburb of Detroit. The school was used as a career academy until it closed and was abandoned in 2009.
Mackenzie High School
David Mackenzie High School was a public school in Detroit. It closed in 2007 due to declining enrollment and was demolished in 2012.
Redford High School
Redford High School was one of the largest abandoned schools in Detroit. It was demolished in 2012.
Southwestern High School
Southwestern High School was one of Detroit's first purpose-built high schools when it opened in 1921.
Sidney Miller School
Miller High School was a historic school that served Detroit's early black neighborhoods that closed in 2007. The school was bought by a charter company and reopened in 2013 after extensive renovations.
Cleveland Intermediate School
Cleveland Intermediate was a school on the northeast side of Detroit built in 1927. It closed in 2009 due to declining enrollment, but has reopened as a charter school.
Robeson / Malcolm X Academy
The Paul Robeson Academy was formerly St. Francis Home for Boys, an orphanage in Detroit. It burned in the summer of 2011, and was later abandoned.
Hutchins Intermediate School
Harry B. Hutchins Intermediate was a junior high schol built in 1921. It closed in 2009 due to declining enrollment.
St. David Catholic School
St. David Catholic School has been abandoned since 1989 and has fallen into severe disrepair.
St. Anthony / East Catholic High School
St. Anthony Catholic High School was the parish school of a German church on the east side of Detroit. It was later renamed East Catholic High School, and closed in 2005.
Servite Catholic / Powell Academy
Servite Catholic High School was part of St. John Berchmans Catholic Church, which closed in 1986. It later reopened as the Powell Academy charter school before closing again in 2010.
George Ferris School
George W. Ferris School is a school in the Detroit suburb of Highland Park. Built in sections from 1911 to 1925, the school closed sometime before 2001 due to budgetary reasons.
Highland Park Adult Education
Willard School in Highland Park was also known as the Highland Park Adult Education Center. It closed in the early 2000's, and was demolished in 2012.
St. Albertus Catholic School
St. Albertus Catholic School is the parish school of the church of the same name in Detroit.
Jackson Intermediate School
Andrew Jackson / Ronald McNair School was a public school in Detroit. It closed in 2012 due to declining enrollment and was subsequently abandoned.
Hanneman Elementary School
Hanneman Elementary School was built in 1916 to serve the west side of Detroit. It closed in 2007 due to low enrollment and has been vacant since.
Sherrard Elementary School
Sherrard Elementary School was built in 1923, and closed in 2006.
Breitmeyer Intermediate School
Built in 1917, Breitmeyer Intermediate was named after a prominent florist whose son served as mayor of Detroit. It closed in 2006.
Carstens Elementary School
Hattie Carstens Elementary was a small but successful school located in a shrinking neighborhood on the east side of Detroit.
Brewer / Guardian Angels School
Guardian Angels Catholic School is a former school in the city of Detroit. After closing in 1986, it reopend as a public school, which closed and was abandoned in 2010.
St. Rita Catholic School
St. Rita was a Catholic School on the east side of Detroit, later converted into a public school. It closed in 2005 and was abandoned.
St. Agnes Catholic School
St. Agnes Catholic School is the parish school of the church of the same name. It closed in 2000.
Longfellow School was one of several Detroit school built in 1916 to meet the needs of the rapidly growing city. It closed in 2012 due to low enrollment and has been abandoned since.
Dexter Ferry Elementary
Dexter Ferry Elementary School was built in 1922 and named for a prominent Detroit business man. The school closed in 2005, and was demolished in 2010.
Greenfield Park Elementary
Located in a mostly vacant neighborhood, Greenfield Park Elementary School closed in 2007 due to decreasing population.
Grant Elementary School
Ulysses Grant Elementary / Middle School was a public school in Detroit. It closed in 2007 due to declining enrollment and was subsequently abandoned.
Grayling Elementary School
Grayling Elementary School in Detroit was built in 1917. It closed in 2005, and was demolished in 2013.
Oliver Wendell Holmes School
Oliver Wendell Holmes school was a vacant school on the west side of Detroit that closed in 2012 and merged with another school.
George Hosmer School
Hosmer elementary was built in 1921 and expanded in 1924. The neighborhood around Hosmer is in decline, and the school closed in 2004.
Holcomb Elementary School
Samuel D. Holcomb School is a vacant school on the west side of Detroit that closed in 2010 due to declining enrollment.
Jane Cooper Elementary
Jane Cooper Elementary was built in 1920 as part of the Detroit Public Schools expansion plan. It closed in 2007 because the neighborhood around it had delcined severely.
Hubert Elementary School
Hubert Elementary School closed in 2005 due to declining enrollment.
Joy Middle School
Joy Middle School closed in 2006 due to declining enrollment.
Lynch Elementary School
John Lynch Elementary was built in 1914 as part of the district-wide construction program undertaken to meet the growing city's educational needs.
Weatherby Elementary School
Weatherby elementary was a small school on the west side of the city that was closed and abandoned in 2005.
Chandler Elementary School
Zachariah Chandler Elementary was a school on the east side of Detroit that closed in 2004 and was subsequently abandoned.
Johnson H. McKinney Day Treatment Center
A school on the east side of the city that closed in 2005.
Midland Elementary School
Midland Elementary was a school in Highland Park, a suburb of Detroit.
Kosciusko Elementary School
Kosciusko Elementary on the west side of Detroit is an abandoned school, closed in 2007.
John S. Newberry School
Closed in 2005 due to a sharp decline in enrollment. Badly damaged by fire, it was demolished in 2010.
M. M. Rose School
Rose school is now the oldest standing school in Detroit, dating back to 1897. It has been abandoned for many years.
St. Peter School
St. Peter School was a parochial school on the east side of Detroit that was abandoned and demolished in 2013.
Detroit Public School buses that had outlived their usefulness were stored at this lot to be parted out and scrapped.
Wilbur Wright School
Wilbur Wright was an abandoned school near downtown Detroit. The building was demolished in 2010.
JTPA Nursing School
The JTPA nursing school was located in a former wing of the Herman Kiefer Tuberculosis Hospital.
Berry Elementary School
One of several schools built in 1961, Berry closed in 2007 as part of district-wide consolidation.
Fredrick Douglass Academy
The Fredrick Douglass Academy originally opened in 1962 as Knudsen Jr. High School. At some point it was renamed for civil rights activist Fredrick Douglass, and closed in 2007.
Emma Thomas School
Emma A. Thomas Elementary School was built in 1905 next to the Packard Motor Car plant.
Crosman Alternative School
Crosman Alternative School closed in 2007 due to declining enrollment.
Birney Elementary School
Alice Birney Elementary was a school in Detroit that closed in 2009 and was abandoned.
Rose School in east Detroit is an abandoned school, closed in 2010.
Marsh Elementary School
Marsh Elementary is a small school on the west side of the city that closed in 2005.
Frederick W. Higgins Elementary School
Higgins Elementary School was on the wrong end of a tug-of-war with Detroit's scrappers. It closed at the end of the 2006 school year, and has been abandoned ever since.
Woodward Elementary School
Woodward Elemetnary closed in 2005 due to declining enrollment. The school was demolished in 2010.
McMillan was one of the oldest schools in Detroit. It burned in the late 2000's, and was torn down in 2008.
Muhammad University Of Islam
A former bank building, most recently operated as either Muhammed Temple #1 or Muhammad University Of Islam, possibly at the same time.