Packard Motor Plant
The Packard Motor Plant on Grand Boulevard was one of the first large auto plants in the world. It has been abandoned since 1999.
Packard Motor Plant History
The Packard Plant was one of the most important early auto facilities in Detroit's history.
Fisher Body Plant 21
The abandoned Fiser Body Plant #21 in Detroit is one of several automobile plants left over from the decline of the auto industry.
McLouth Steel Plant
McLouth Trenton was one of the most modern steel factories in the country when it was built in 1948.
This multistory vacant factory on Schoolcraft Street in Detroit has been home to La Choy Foods, Micromatic Hone, U.S. Fastener, and Gilreath Manufacturing Corp.
Merkur Steel was vacated after a long battle between its owners and the city over a planned airport expansion that never took place.
Peerless Cement built a plant along the Detroit in 1956, which produced cement and other products.
Detroit Harbor Terminal
The Detroit Harbor Terminal is a abandoned ten-story warehouse south of the current marine terminal.
Detroit Dry Dock
The Detroit Dry Dock is a former ship-building company located on the Detroit river, currently being converted into a nature center.
Forrest Island Recycling
This former industrial facility housed a recycling operation before it was abandoned in 2010. It has since been demolished, and replaced with a new recycling plant.
Continental Motors was one of the largest makers of automotive engines in Detroit. In later years the factory on Jefferson made aircraft engines and refined aluminum.
The Dequindre Cut is a former railroad line that connected the Detroit riverfront with industrial plants that is being turned into a bike trail.
Edmund & Jones
Edmunds & Jones Corporation was a manufacturer of lamps for automobiles, including the Ford Model T.
Grand Trunk Cold Storage
The Grand Trunk Warehouse was a refrigerated warehouse used to store food products.
Detroit Insulated Wire
The former Detroit Insulated Wire Company warehouse, located at Wesson and Buchanan in Detroit was abandoned after a fire leveled much of the complex.
Roberts Brass Company
Roberts Brass Works is an abandoned industrial building located on Fort Street.
Sander's Confectionery Plant
The Sander's Confectionery Plant was a chocolate, candy, and bakery plant located in Highland Park.
Schroeder Paint and Glass
Schroeder Paint and Glass is an abandoned factory on the west side of Detroit.
Hoban Cold Storage
Hoban Cold Storage is an abandoned warehouse in Detroit.
Sybill Oil was a former waste oil recycling plant in the Detroit neighborhood of Delray.
The former Uniroyal Tire plant on Jefferson avenue was once a sprawling industrial complex. Demolished in 1985, the site now awaits redevelopment.
Wayne Foundry & Stamping
The Wayne Foundry was a machining and stamping company located on Hubbard Street in Detroit.
Thorn Apple Valley Slaughterhouse
A former slaughterhouse in the Eastern Market.