Motor Transportation Garage

The Motor Transportation Garage on Vernor was built by the city in 1957 to repair and maintain city vehicles, including police cars, garbage trucks, emergency vehicles, and buses. The largest part of the building was the main repair floor, with repair bays and offices making up the remainder. The garage closed in 2011 due to budget cuts.