Trenton Mclouth Steel Plant

The Trenton McLouth Steel plant was built in 1948; several expansions were undertaken the 50's and 60's, including a continuous casting department and a (then) advanced computer control system. The plant closed in 1996, and was sold to the Detroit Steel Corporation.

The future of the plant is unclear. At least part of the plant has been torn down and scrapped; a proposal for condos has fallen through, though there were tentative plans to slowly restart the plant.