Uniroyal Tire Plant, 1985 and 2013
Parts of the old Uniroyal Tire plant on the Detroit riverfront dated back to 1905, when Morgan & Wright established a small factory to supply the early auto industry with tires. After its closure in 1980 and demolition in 1985, the plant site sat undeveloped due to the significant amounts of chemicals in the ground. Today the site is being remediated, with plans to turn it into residential and commercial properties.
Current photo: September, 2013