John S. Gray Library, Circulation Desk
City services declined along with the population, forcing cuts to the number of fire and police stations, schools, and libraries. The John S. Gray library is one of the oldest remaining library buildings in the city, dating back to 1906. It closed in 1971, and was later turned into a community center. It has been vacant for over 15 years.
Newer photo: September, 2012