Clara B. Arthur School

Clara B. Arthur School was named for the noted suffragist who campaigned for women’s rights and the construction of playgrounds for children. After operating out of temporary buildings for a year, a permanent building on King Richard Street opened in February of 1931. An addition including a gymnasium and auditorium was completed in 1941. A second addition was built in 1948.

Arthur Jr. High School closed in 2005 due to declining enrollment.