Wayne Foundry & Stamping

Built in 1896 along Hubbard Street as a machine shop for the Railway Steel Spring Company factor located across the street which made locomotive and car wheel tires, as well as other components. The shop was later taken over by the Wayne Foundry & Stamping Company in 1939, which specialized in automotive, aerospace, and heavy transportation products. A foundry was added onto the east side of the plant around this time. The company closed in 2005, and the building has been vacant since.