Standard Knitting Mill was a massive factory complex located in the Park Ridge neighborhood of Knoxville, TN.
After the Civil War, Knoxville became a major producer of textiles. One of the many mills to spring up was Standard Knitting in 1900, specializing in underwear. At its peak the factory employed 4,000 workers. Knoxville's textile plants began to shut down in the 1950's, as overseas labor and modernization reduced demand. Standard Knitting weathered the downturn until the company was bought by Delta Apparel in 1988. The mill was shut down in 1989.
Most of the buildings were demolished, with the exception of a distribution warehouse built in the 1940's that Delta continued to use until 2007. Several groups have attempted to redevelop the property, but it remains vacant.