St. Basil Catholic Church in Pittsburgh was founded in 1907. A combination church and school was built later that year and was until 1922, when the present church was built. In 1931, work was started on a new school building. A gymnasium was built added on in 1949.
St. Basil's announced that the school would be closing in April of 2003. Only 122 students were attending the school at the time, and enrollment was expected to drop further leaving the parish deeply in debt.