Congregation Beth Jacob in Duquesne, PA was established in 1904. By 1923 the congregation has grown to several hundred members, and built a permanent structure on 2nd Street. It's unclear exactly when the synagogue fell out of use, but by the 1990's, the City of Duquesne wanted to convert the vacant synagogue into a library.
The level of decay in the former synagogue is significant. Much of the floor has collapsed into the basement, leaving the entire building on the verge of total collapse.