Audubon Junior High School was built in 1922 on Cleveland's southeast side. Several additions were made to the school over the years, including a classroom and cafeteria wing on the south side of the building. The school had two gymnasiums connected by a bridge behind the building that ran through the middle of the boiler room.
In later years, Audubon was used for students with learning and behavioral disabilities, making it one of the more challenging schools to teach in. It closed in 2010 as part of a district-wide restructring, and has been vacant since.