The Toledo Edison Acme power plant was a 72 megawatt steam turbine facility located on the Maumee River. Built in 1918, the plant was upgraded with a new turbine in 1941 to keep up with demand for power from the local defense industry.
The plant was one of two closed in 1993 by Centerior Energy Corporation, who owned Toledo Edison. For several years the plant was mothballed, but was never turned back on. Demolition of the plant was announced in 2007, and was completed in 2013.