Puritan Avenue has been an important commercial corridor for the northwest side of Detroit since the 1920's. In 1936, a 2-story clothes cleaning shop opened on Puritan at Linwood. A single-story addition was built later, but its unclear when or who occupied the building for most of it's history. Sanders Cleaning Company was founded in 1947, and used the building until moved in 1959.
Starting sometime in the 1990's a Korean dry cleaners called K-York Cleaners took over the business. The first floor of the main building was used for dry cleaning and pressing, and the second floor for clothes storage. K-York closed in 2006, and the building has been vacant since.