Fort Shelby Hotel Ballroom
The Fort Shelby Hotel was built in 1916, during a period of rapid growth in downtown Detroit. Like many other ornate hotels of the era, the Fort Shelby had a grand ballroom, which hosted countless weddings, concerts, and special events until the hotel closed in 1974.
After over 30 years of vacancy, the hotel was bought the Hilton chain in 2007, and extensively renovated. Today the ballroom of the Doubletree Guest Suites Fort Shelby is again hosting weddings and events.
Current photo: October, 2013